A negative mind will never give you a positive life.
If your inner voice is too loud, negative and objectionable you have to keep telling yourself that you are good enough. That you can do it. That your fear is illogical.
This is where a mantra, a war cry, can really help you to reinforce your resolve and restore your belief. Repeating positive, yet realistic affirmations is one of the most productive ways that you can keep building your mental muscle and drown out the negative thoughts that can hold you back.
The research shows that repeating a mantra to yourself over and over can make you feel calmer, healthier and happier.
Los Angeles based neuroscientist, writer and coach Alexander Korb explains that silently repeating a single word or mantra “will lead to a widespread reduction in the default mode network of the brain which is responsible for self-judgment and self-reflection. Within the brain are neurons and the more any two neurons communicate then the stronger their connection becomes.”
This is beneficial so long as you are thinking positive thoughts which is why mantras are so important. They can create and strengthen new neural pathways that are positive and not toxic which can make your brain much calmer and happier.
The word mantra which is derived from Sanskrit, the liturgical language of Hinduism and Buddhism, means repetitive prayers or hymns. Modern mantras are a prayer of sorts which are invoked during times of stress and doubt exacerbated by the presence of an often critical inner voice.
There is no right or wrong on choosing your mantra but ideally they will be short enough to remember and positive but not unrealistically so. They also need to inspire you or calm you when you repeat it . Here are a few to choose from or inspire you to find your mantra.
Thirty Mantras To Help You Become Mentally Stronger
- I have what I need to get through this
- You win some you learn some
- Expect nothing and appreciate everything
- Be a warrior, not a worrier
- Don’t say maybe if I want to say no
- Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today
- Every day is a second chance
- Give up the good and go for the great
- Choose purpose over perfect
- Never give up
- I am the change
- Find a way or make one
- Everything I need is within me
- Feel the fear and do it anyway
- I can and I will
- Feelings are not facts
- I write my destiny
- Don’t stress about things I can’t control or change
- Positive mind positive life
- Inhale the future, exhale the past
- In me I trust
- Just ride this wave
- Life is short. Smile while I still have teeth
- When it rains look for rainbows. When it’s dark look for stars
- Ultimately I can only control myself
- The less I respond to negative people, the more peaceful my life will become
- Stay humble. Work hard. Be kind
- Yesterday is not today
- Die with memories not dreams
- What consumes my mind, controls my life