UCANPASS PROGRAM FOR SCHOOLS AND EDUCATIONAL BODIES
What is UCanPass?
UCanPass is a program designed specifically to develop the mind-set of students in order to deal effectively with exams and tests and in turn increase performance and attainment. It features mental toughness at the heart of it.
Mental Toughness has emerged as a highly significant factor in the development of young people. The key challenges they face and what they can do about them, particularly when approaching exams or tests.
Mental Toughness describes the mind-set that every person adopts in everything they do. It is closely related to qualities such as character, resilience, grit, etc. It is defined as:
“A personality trait which determines, in large part, how people respond to challenge, stress and pressure, irrespective of their circumstances”.
Published research and case studies form around the world show that Mental Toughness is a major factor in a young persons:
- Performance – explaining up to 25% of the variation in performance in individuals
- Positive Behaviour – more engaged, more positive, more “can do”
- Wellbeing – more contentment, better stress management , less prone to bullying
- Aspirations – more ambitious, prepared to manage more risk.
What does the program look like?
This is an intensive highly practical workshop which provides the basis for developing an approach which delivers better exam and school performance. The programme includes:
- What are the challenges I face and what is my response to them
- What is mental toughness and why is it important to me
- Assessing mental toughness and what this says about my attitude and my mindset
- Developing mental toughness
- Applying mental toughness to the key challenges in your world – action planning and review
What is the approach and how is it delivered?
Tutors are experienced teachers and trainers with a deep and practical understanding of mental toughness and its application with young people. The program is highly participative and makes use of innovative and high technology inputs such as biofeedback to demonstrate efficacy of tools and techniques. Typically the program runs as a two day workshop but it can be delivered in modular form for a couple of hours at a time over a number of weeks.
A Train the Trainer program is available for those wishing to deliver their own in-house UCanPass program.
Register your interest