You’re on the way to, or from, work on a crowded train, bus or tram. Here’s how to find five precious minutes of peace and tranquility.
Finding a seat is the hardest thing ! Then:
- withdraw yourself from all activities
- close your eyes
- relax your body
- stop thinking except about this
- take a deep breath
- observe your breath with full concentration.
- imagine you are walking on the beach or in a park
- pretend that you have no worry and no stress.
This five minutes or an approximate similar number of stops will relax your mind. If you can make this a habit every day on your way to work and on your way home you have at least two opportunities each day to achieve tranquility and calm.
Since I have started practicing this five minutes of mindfulness each day on my train ride I have become calmer, more positive and feel better prepared to meet whatever challenges present themselves.
For more on developing mental toughness and achieving tranquility contact us.