Ten J.K. Rowling Quotes To Make You Mentally Tougher
Joanne Rowling aka J.K. Rowling is a British novelist best known as the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series which has won multiple awards and sold over 400 million copies. They have become the best selling book series in history and have been made into multiple successful films. As a result Rowling has experienced a rags to riches story from living below the poverty line to multi-millionaire status within five years and is now worth in excess of 600 million pounds.
From this multitude of experiences she has gained unequivocal perspectives on resilience, free will, destiny and the benefits of failure, which have fashioned her to be unquestionably mentally tough.
Here are 10 of her most popular mental toughness quotes, aligned to Clough and Strycharczyk’s MTQ48 4C’s mental toughness framework, which can’t help but make you feel mentally stronger.
Overall Mental Toughness
1. “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.”
Control: self-worth and emotional management
2. “It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
3. Whatever money you might have, self-worth really lies in finding out what you do best.”
4. I believe in free will. We can choose. The things go largely like you want them to go. You control your own life. Your own will is extremely powerful.”
Commitment: reliability and focus
5. “You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversity.”
6. “The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive.”
Challenge: drive and adaptability
7. “You might never fail on the scale I did, but some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default.”
8. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”
9. “The world is full of wonderful things you haven’t seen yet. Don’t ever give up on the chance of seeing them.”
Confidence: self-belief and influence
10. “Anything is possible if you have enough nerve”.
Some beautifully descriptive and inspiring quotes from the heart by J.K.
For more mental toughness quotes and building mental toughness contact us.