Sales is a tough business to survive and succeed in and how to be improve sales performance can be challenging.
Whether you work in recruitment or you’re selling houses, fish or financial services it can be a rollercoaster ride of emotion. One day it is champagne and the next it is razor blades, as events twist and turn. Top sales people use one single attribute “mental toughness” to sell more. Being mentally tough enables them to beat fear and achieve their goals.
Here are 5 ways being mentally tough helps a sales person become more successful and sell more fish and financial services:
- They have a positive, glass half full mindset believing they determine what happens to them. They control their emotional reaction to situations meaning they don’t fear being rejected or disappointed; nor do they become complacent through a run of success.
- They are persistent and reliable. They routinely set high performance goals and targets and are focused on achieving these goals, time and time again without being distracted by other less important priorities or through wasting time. They don’t make excuses about their revenue, they focus on making sure they achieve their activity numbers.
- They are resilient. They bounce back quickly from setbacks and failures. They rarely have call reluctance because they don’t have a fear of failure. They believe their routines and processes, if followed, will produce the right results.
- They are opportunists, always striving to be the best they can be and always open to new ideas, opportunities and situations. This enables them to uncover new ways to make money.
- They are confident in their own ability to make things happen and to seize opportunities when they see them. Their ability to be decisive enables to generate consistent revenue.
Mentally Tough people are successful at selling because they have the discipline to make the right things happen time after time, to bounce back from setbacks and failures and to spot and seize opportunities.